Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Exciting Things

I have been working on my internship up in Salt Lake and a couple of weeks ago was told that I would be writing a request for a grant. I walked into a meeting a little late and was informed "Rebecca will write the grant for the community capacity building." It sounded like a great idea.

Until I found out that it was due two weeks from the then and I didn't have any of the information for it and I would have to coordinate intensely with the KCU (Karen Community of Utah) board which is something I had yet to do. 

But after 20 hours of work, it looks like it's coming along.
Cute Karen family that I am working with

Daniel and I might go to Korea to teach English for a year starting next January (2013). 
Korean wooden sculpture

We are now the proud owners of a real, live (well, not technically living), Japanese rice cooker! We haven't used it yet though, because it needs a transformer.

With our newest addition
Proud father

1 comment:

  1. I'm so freaking excited for that rice cooker. Transformers unite!

    Also, Karen. What ever happened to that beautiful girl, anyway?

    ReplyDelete