Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Xactly where I want to be

Considering the fact that I only rarely update this blog, except when I have spurts of ambition, I realize that I never mentioned: I got a job. It's doing Tech Support for a company called Xactware. They are actually surprisingly big for a product most people have probably never heard of. They create software to help Insurance companies, adjusters, and contractors when filing loss claims on property. So basically it's a program that allows you to enter in all the claim info, sketch out the damaged house/apt/store/anything else, and then they have amazingly accurate price lists per area that are updated monthly (that's like their "special sauce").

Although I sit at a desk for the majority of the day, there is a gym at work and so Daniel and I have been running together a couple of times a week (usually on treadmills), I've been able to bike to work (it's only 2 miles away), and I got an exercise ball to sit on (although I think a more appropriate description would be to say "to bounce on"). I also have been bringing sliced veggies to snack on in between chats and calls and so have been able to get my 5 servings of vegetables.

I don't create the software though, I just support it when it's broken. Considering the hundreds of thousands of people who purchase and use it, it breaks surprisingly little, but with a new product release and everything else, I have had to work all sorts of overtime recently. So when I get a call at 4:58 pm and I have to stay until 6:10 (even though my shift technically ends at 5), I just smile and thank my lucky stars that I have a job and an income and some sort of stability.

I guess you could say I'm about as happy as Jade with Elmo on her belly:


No comments:

Post a Comment