Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

My Life in 232 words


When I was 6 I loved to visit my neighbor's house, because he had Cartoon Network and candy. At my house we had carrot sticks and an antenna where the only thing worth watching was WB Saturday morning cartoons. I lived with my 8 siblings, parents, and my mom's father until I was 12, when my parents got a divorce. Family was my life, including the friends, there were always 2-3 extra kids around the house. From the time I was in 3rd grade, my mom wanted to get out of Kentucky, by the time I entered 11th grade, we finally did. We drove across country and arrived in Utah at 2am and immediately it felt like home. In Utah I learned to sluff, to kiss, and how to get caught when sneaking out of the house. When I was 17 I started school at BYU where I learned how to be independent, how to love life, and how to love myself. At 21 I went to talk about Jesus and I came back loving the land, the culture, and the people of Korea. My husband saw me first in a cafeteria while we were single and celibate and 2 years later we touched for the first time on the porch outside of his house. Daniel taught me how to love science, to think critically and to look forward to each new day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment